Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.
The place: BILTON. Church dedication: ST. PETER.
Holderness wapentake, M.D. -Population, 105, vide Swine *1; Church-room, sufficient; Net value, £45.
Present patron and impropriator, Lord Downe.
Valued in 1818, at £105. 13s. per annum ; and in the Parliamentary Survey, vol. xvii. page 241, it is stated : " Kirkley to be united to Bilton."
Augmented in 1794, with £200, and £200, both by lot; and in 1795, with £200, and £200, to meet benefactions of £200, and £200 from William Archbishop of York.
An Inclosure Act was passed 16th Geo. III.
The glebe house is fit for residence.
The Register Books commence in 1734. -Vide earlier transcripts at York.
Parochial Charities. -No return.
Post town: Hull.
Not mentioned by Torre. Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. ii. page 163. Bawdwen's Domesday Book (Billetone), pages 59. 183. Thompson's Swine, page 209.
*1 In 1834, the population was stated at 91.
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.