Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.
The place: MARTON. Church dedication: CHAPEL.
Holderness wapentake, M.D. -Population, 126, vide Swine ; Church-room, no return ; Net value, no return. -This is not named in Archbishop Sharp's MS.
In the Parliamentary Survey, vol. xvii. page 242, it is stated : " No minister this many years. Ruinated and decayed ; to be made parochial."
An Inclosure Act for Marton was passed 26th Geo. III.
No return as to glebe house.
Register Books, vide Swine.
Parochial Charities. -No return.
Post town: Hedon.
Bawdwen's Domesday Book (Merutone), page 177.
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.