Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for THIXENDALE in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Letters via Wharram, York, except where stated otherwise. Wall Box in the village cleared at 10-30 a.m. Nearest Money Order Office, Levening (three miles). Nearest Telegraph Office, Wharram Station (three miles).
Miscellany of trades
- Boyes Joseph, joiner, &c.
- Braithwaite Enoch, blacksmith and grocer
- Fox Rev. William Henry, M.A., The Vicarage
- Sykes E., schoolmaster
- Towse Mrs. Elizabeth, vict., Cross Keys
- Byass Robert, Greets farm
- Cook & Taylor, The Grange
- Cook Jno., Rigg's farm via Huggate, Pocklington
- Fairbank Wm. Henry, Pluckham via Huggate, Pocklington
- Fawcett John Creaker, Broadholme farm
- Galtrey George, Gill's farm, via Huggate, Pocklington
- Grice Peter, Fotherdale
- Sedman William Hazelwood, Martinholme
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.