THORPE BASSETT: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"THORPE BASSETT, a parish in the wapentake of BUCKROSE, East riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles N.E. from NewMalton, containing 156 inhabitants. The living isa rectory, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £12, and in the joint patronage of Earl Fitzwilliam and -Watson, Esq. The church is dedicated to All Saints. Ten boys are instructed for the dividends arising from £200, the gift of the Rev. James Graves, in 1804."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]