THWING: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1750.
"THWING, (or TWENGE) a parish in the E.R. of Yorkshire, on the W. side of Bridlington, gave name to its ancient owners; one of whom obtained a Mt. here on W. and a Fair at St Thomas's-day, of which the former has been long disused, if not the latter."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Stephen Whatley's England's Gazetteer, 1750]