Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for THWING in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Postal address, Thwing, Hunmanby, R.S.O.
Mails arrive at 9-30 a.m. from Hunmanby, and are despatched at 3-5 p.m. Robert Coultas, receiver. Nearest Money Order and Telegraph Office, Hunmanby, R.S.O.
Miscellany of trades
- Bell Jordan, grocer
- Colley William, shoemaker
- Coultas Robert, registrar of births and deaths for Hunmanby district
- Felton Rev. William, rector
- Folkard Jeremiah, vict., and thrashing machine owner, Raincliffe Arms
- Jefferson David, tailor
- Jefferson Tom. bootmaker
- Midgley Richard, grocer
- Nelson Mrs. Jane Kirkins, Wold cottage
- Newlove Richard, blacksmith
- Newlove Robert, joiner
- Speck Watson, blacksmith
- Brigham Robert (Exors. of)
- Burdass John, Rectory farm
- Knapton Charles
- Nellist George
- Redshaw Joseph, Prospect house
- Southwell Thomas, Manor house
- Temple John
- Lee William (and grocer), to Driffield on Monday and Thursday, Bridlington Wednesday and saturday
- Redshaw George, to Driffield on Thursday, Bridlington Tuesday and Saturday
- Towse Augustus, to Driffield on Monday and Thursday, Bridlington on Wednesday and Saturday
- Postal address, Octon, Hunmanby, R.S.O.
Post messenger from Thwing. Nearest Money Order and Telegraph Office, Hunmanby, R.S.O.
Jefferson Tom, woodman and keeper, Octon lodge, Foxholes, Ganton
- Barugh Fred
- Brown John Christopher
- Hodgson Rt., Octon lodge, Foxholes, Ganton
- Robson John, Octon grange, Foxholes, Ganton
- Young John William, Octon lodge, Foxholes, Ganton
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.