Thwing parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish town, in the wapentake of Dickering; 8 miles from Bridlington, 10 from Driffield, 13 from Scarborough, 33 from York. Population, including Octon 314. The Church is a rectory, dedicated to All Saints, in the deanery of Dickering.
Deposited Registers (East Yorkshire Record Office)
- Baptisms: 1692-1726, 1736-1884
- Marriages: 1692-1724, 1739-1977
- Burials: 1692-1726, 1736-1947
- 1599, 1601, 1626, 1631-1639, 1641, 1661, 1662, 1664-1667, 1669-1673,1675, 1682, 1684-1687, 1689, 1691-1697, 1700, 1702-1704, 1706-1726, 1732-1818, 1820-1836
- C 1732-1835;
- M 1732-1835
Transcripts and Indexes:
- M 1813-1837; Index only; East Yorkshire Marriage Index
- CMB 1739-1812 Transcription Yorkshire Parish Registers (download-purchase)
- CMB 1813-1891 Transcription Yorkshire Parish Registers (download-purchase)
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.