[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"WALKINGTON, a parish in the waps, of Harthill and Howdenshire; 2½ miles SW. of Beverley. The church is dedicated to All Hallows (see Churches for photograph); and W. Thompson, Esq. is the patron. Population, 324.
This village consists of two parts, one of which is a copyhold manor, called Walkingham Provost Fee, belonging to Henry Gee Barnard, of Cave Castle, Esq., the other part is copyhold within the Manor of Howden."
- Transcript of the entry for Walkington in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Walkington.
- Alan Hardy has set up a web site called " Walkington News" which contains various items on the modern Walkington, along with History etc.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Baines's Directory of 1823, of the East Riding.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the The Post Office Directory of the, East and North Ridings, 1857
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Bulmers Directory of 1892. of the East Riding.
- There is further information about this parish from the Pigot's 1834 Directory, Yorkshire section.
- There is further information about this parish from the National Gazetteer 1868, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Bulmer's 1892 History and Directory of the East Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Walkington to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE996370 (Lat/Lon: 53.819745, -0.488541), Walkington which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- A transcription of the School Timetables, around 1902-3 in Adobe pdf format.
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
- A list of those paying the 1379 Subsidy Rolls (Poll Tax) for this parish.
- The 1834 Electoral Roll for this parish