WALKINGTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1834.
"WALKINGTON, is a small village, in the parish of its name, which also contains the township of Provosts-Fee, in the Hunsley-Beacon division of Harthill wapentake, about two miles and a half south from Beverley, and on the road leading to South Cave, from which it is seven miles distant. The places of worship are the parish church, dedicated to All Hallows, and a chapel, for the Wesleyan methodists. The living is a rectory, in the jurisdiction of the peculiar court of Howdenshire, and in the patronage of W. Thompson, Esq. Population of the parish 558.
Please see Beverley Parish for the 1834 trades directory for this village."
[Transcribed by Steve Garton ©2000 from
Pigot's directory (Yorkshire section) 1834]