WALKINGTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"WALKINGTON, a parish partly in the Hunsley-Beacon division of the wapentake of HARTHILL, but chiefly in the wapentake of HOWDENSHIRE, East riding of the county of YORK, 2 miles W.S.W. from Beverley, containing, with the township of Provosts- Fee, 583 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the jurisdiction of the peculiar court of Howdenshire, rated in the king's books at £24.13. 4., and in the patronage of W. Thompson, Esq. The church is dedicated to All Hallows. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]