Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.
The place: LUTTONS AMBO. Church dedication: CHAPELS. Church type: Peculiar.
Buckrose wapentake *1. -Population, 350, vide Weaverthorpe *2; Chapel-room, 250; Net value, vide Weaverthorpe. -Both East and West Lutton are within the parish of Weaverthorpe.
Torre mentions a Chapel in each town.
Patrons, vide Weaverthorpe.
In the Parliamentary Survey, vol. xvii. page 423, it is recommended that Thirkleby be taken from Kirkby Grindalyth and with Luttons made a distinct parish.
No return as to registers or Charities.
Post town: Driffield.
Torre's MS. (Peculiars), page 567. Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. ii. page 135. Bawdwen's Domesday Book, (Ludton,) page 48.
*1 Partly in the liberty of St. Peter of York.
*2 In 1834, the Population was stated to be only 303.
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.