WEST HESLERTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"WEST HESLERTON, a parish in the wapentake of BUCKROSE, East riding of the county of YORK, comprising the chapelry of East Heslerton, and the township of West Heslerton, and containing 469 inhabitants, of which number, 273 are in the township of West Heslerton, 8 miles E.N.E. from New Malton. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, rated in the Icing's books at £21. 6. 8., and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew."
"EAST HESLERTON, a chapelry in the parish of WEST-HESLERTON, wapentake of BUCKROSE, East riding of the county of YORK, 8 miles E.N.E. from New Malton, containing 196 inhabitants. Here is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]