Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for WHARRAM LE STREET in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Postal address, Wharram-Le-Street, York.
Post Office at Wharram station. Mails arrive at 7-58 a.m., from York, and are despatched at 7-17 p.m.; Robert Salton, receiver. Nearest Money Order Office, West Lutton. Nearest Telegraph Office, for forwarding messages, Fimber station; and for receiving messages, Malton. Wall Letter Box at Wharram-le-Street, cleared at 6-20 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Chilman Rev. Wm. Gwillim, The Vicarage
- Peckitt Francis, blacksmith
- Roundhill Miss M., schoolmistress
- Salton Robert, master, Wharram station
- Byass Thomas
- Hall Harry
- Sykes John Beilby, Wharram grange
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.