WINTRINGHAM: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"WINTRINGHAM, a parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire."
"KNAPTON, a chapelry in the parish of WINTRINGHAM, wapentake of BUCKROSE, East riding of the county of YORK, 6 miles E.N.E. from New Malton, containing 206 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, endowed with £600 royal bounty, and £200 parliamentary grant. John Tindale, Esq. was patron in 1804. The navigable river Derwent runs within a short distance of the village."
"LINTON, a hamlet in the parish of WINTRINGHAM, wapentake of BUCKROSE, East riding of the county of YORK, 7 miles E. from New Malton. The population is returned with the township of Wintringham."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]