Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for WITHERNWICK in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Post Office at J. Myers'. Letters arrive via Hull, week days only, at 7-20 a.m., and are despatched at 6-5 p.m. in winter, and 7-0 p.m. in summer. Postal orders issued but not paid. The nearest Telegraph Office is at Burton Constable Station, and Money Order at Aldbrough. Letter Box, Whitedale Station, cleared at 6-50 p.m. in winter, 7-30 p.m., summer.
- Ancient Order of Foresters (Court "Alder," No. 781), Thomas Kearry, sec.; Henry Robinson, sub-sec.; held monthly at Hall (established l839 - 160 members).
- Church Institute - Walter R. Welch, secretary.
- Cricket Club - J. Midgley, secretary.
- Penny Savings Bank - J. Midgley and N. S. Dibb, sees. (open Saturdays 7 to 8 p.m.) Withernwick Polling District Conservative Association - G. Tanton, chairman; R. Taylor, vice-chairman; J. Midgley, sec.; W. E. Coates, treasurer.
- Withernwick Horse and Foal Show - F. Dunn, secretary.
Miscellany of trades
- Adcock William Edward, railway porter
- Barr Arthur, hind
- Booth George, hind, Westlands
- Brown George, hind, Rudon farm
- Chenery George, grocer, &c., and steam thrashing machine proprietor
- Cooper Mr. John, Lorne terrace
- Coulthread Mark, blacksmith
- Darley Isaac, grocer, &c.
- Dibb Mr. Newman S.
- Dibnah Arthur James, blacksmith
- Dunn Mr. George, Lorne terrace
- Dunn Mrs. Isabella
- Dunn William, bricklayer
- Ellis Wilstrop, grocer, &c.
- Fisher George, carrier to Hull (Tues. & Fri.)
- Fisher John
- Fisher Richard, cowkeeper
- Fox Mr. William
- Garton Ralph, cowkeeper
- Graham John, cowkeeper
- Harrison Joseph, joiner and wheelwright
- Harsley James W., shoemaker
- Holder Mrs. Annie, lodgings
- Jackson John Grice, stationmaster, goods and coal agent, Whitedale station
- Johnson William, cowkeeper
- Kaye William, tailor
- Kearry John, cowkeeper
- Midgley Mrs. Elizabeth, schoolmistress
- Midgley John, schoolmaster
- Moore George, tailor and draper
- Myers John, saddler and harness maker, and parish clerk, Post office
- Nightingale Alfred, sexton
- Pattinson John, tailor
- Richardson Mr. Albert
- Sampson John, cowkeeper
- Sharp George, hind, Omer house
- Shaw Edward
- Smith George, tailor
- Tanton Francis, joiner
- Tanton Mrs.
- Taylor Mr. William, Elm cottage
- Thompson George, hind, North end
- Thompson Richard, cowkeeper
- Welch Rev. Walter Radford, The Vicarage
- Wray Edward, carrier to Hull (Tues. & Fri.)
- Dibnah Mrs. Eliza
- Eland Miss Mary Ann
- Fox Miss Mary Elizabeth
- Garton Miss Ruth
- Kearry Miss Harriet
- Atkinson John, Little Westhill
- Dawson Thomas (and butcher), Vicarage farm
- Dunn Francis, and vict., Falcon Inn, and Willow farm
- Giles William, Whitehill
- Halden John Wm. (yeo.), Westland; h Hull
- Hammond James, Rudon farm; h Dunswell
- Hunter Christopher, North end; h Hull
- Oman John (and miller, wind)
- Simpson William Marmaduke Whitedale farm
- Taylor John (managing), South end
- Taylor Robert, Manor house
- Taylor William (managing), Prospect house
- Welford Joseph, Withernwick grange
- Wright Wm. (the exors. of the late), North end, Lee farm, and Omer house; h Humbleton
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.