[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"WOLD NEWTON, (or Newton on the Wolds or Newton Rochford) a parish in the wapentake of Dickering; 9 miles WNW of Bridlington. The patron of the living is in the Langley family. Pop. 177.
Wold Newton anciently a chapel to Hunmanby, to which it still continues to pay a small annual sum towards the repairs, &c. and the inhabitants still continue to bury their dead there."
- Photographs of over 180 gravestones and plaques at Wold Newton with linked surname index.
- Transcript of the entry for Wold Newton in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Baines's Directory of 1823, of the East Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Wold Newton to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TA046730 (Lat/Lon: 54.142195, -0.400277), Wold Newton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- A transcription of the School Timetables, around 1902-3 in Adobe pdf format.
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
- The 1834 Electoral Roll for this parish