YEDINGHAM: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"YEDINGHAM, a parish in the wapentake of BUCKROSE, East riding of the county of YORK, 8 miles N.E. from New Malton, containing 127 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £5. 4. 2., and in the patronage of Earl Fitzwilliam. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist. The village is situated on the navigable river Derwent. A Benedictine nunnery, in honour of the Blessed Virgin Mary, was founded here before 1163, by Roger de Clere, which at the dissolution had a revenue of £26. 6. 8."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]