Hide

YEDINGHAM: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide

"YEDINGHAM, a parish in the wapentake of Buckrose, East Riding county York, 8 miles N.E. of New Malton, at the bridge over the navigable river Derwent, and on the road from York to Scarborough. There was anciently a Benedictine priory, founded in the 12th century by Roger de Clerc, and valued at the Dissolution at £26. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York, value £205. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013