Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for ALLERSTON in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Allerston, Pickering.
- Letter Box cleared at 4-40 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Atkinson Henry, grocer, &c.
- Bell Henry, schoolmaster
- Beswick George, estate joiner
- Brown Thos., carrier to Pickering on Mondays
- Galtry Henry, mason and builder
- Hudson Jane, carrier to Scarbro' on Thursdays
- Lawson William, vict., Cayley Arms
- Leng Cooper, boot and shoe maker
- Pennock Thomas, joiner
- Rogers Christopher, blacksmith and assistant overseer
- Rogers Robert, tailor, &c.
- Rogers Thomas Ransom, carrier to Scarboro' Thursdays, and Malton on Saturdays
- Smales J., station master, &c., Wilton street
- Smith John, grocer, &c.
- Ward George Robert, Allerston mill
- Ward William & George Robert, corn millers and farmers, Allerston and Ebberston mills
- Barnaby Thomas, Crosscliffe
- Coverdale William
- Crow Vessey
- Gray William
- Hind William, Manor house
- Martindale William, Crosscliffe
- Massey John, Ingleby
- Massey William, Staindale
- Miles Robert William, White hall, Marshes
- Mook Christopher, Givendale
- Newlove James, Marsh lodge
- Orrah William
- Pearson John, Crosscliffe
- Pearson Robert, Crosscliffe
- Peirson Robert, Crakehall lodge, Marshes
- Prodham Valentine, Low farm
- Smith James
- Ward William, Partings farm
- Webster Ann, Marsh grange
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.