Hide

AMPLEFORTH: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1829.

hide
Hide
Hide

"AMPLEFORTH, a village, in the parish of its name, which lies partly in Ryedale wapentake and partly in that of Birdforth, is four miles and a half south-west of Helmsley, the parish containing 582 inhabitants, including 214 in the village."
Note: The directory entry for Ampleforth in Pigot's 1829 Directory is included with Helmsley.

[Transcribed from Pigot's National Commericial Directory for 1828-29 ]
by Colin Hinson ©2007