Hide

APPLETON WISKE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

hide
Hide
Hide

"APPLETON WISKE, a parish in the western division of the liberty of LANGBRAUGH, North riding of the county of YORK, 7 miles S.S.W. from Yarm, containing 402 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the rectory of Great Smeaton, in the archdeaconry of Cleveland, and diocese of York. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists. The manufacture of linen is here carried on to a considerable extent."

[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]