BULMER: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"BULMER, a parish in the wapentake of BULMER, North riding of the county of YORK, comprising the chapelry of Henderskelf, and the townships of Bulmer and Welburn, and containing 850 inhabitants, of which number, 339 are in the township of Bulmer, 7 miles W.S.W. from New Malton. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Cleveland, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £11, and in the patronage of Earl Fitzwilliam. The church is dedicated to St. Martin. The river Derwent bounds this parish on the east."
"HENDERSKELF, a chapelry in the parish of Bulmer and wapentake of BULMER, North riding of the county of YORK, 4 miles W.S.W. from New Malton, containing 159 inhabitants."
"WELBURN, a township in the parish of Bulmer, and wapentake of BULMER, North riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles W.S.W. from New Malton, containing 352 inhabitants."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]