Hide

Carlton In Cleveland, Yorkshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide
Hide

CARLTON IN CLEVELAND:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1868.

"CARLTON IN CLEVELAND, a parish, in the western division of the liberty of Langbaurgh, in the North Riding of the county of York, 3 miles to the S. of Stokesley, its post town. Large and important alum-works were once carried on at this place. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of York, value £56, in the patronage of O. Reeve, Esq. There is a chapel belonging to the Wesleyan Methodists. The parochial charities produce about £25 a year."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013