Crayke parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A detached part of County Durham, and part of the Bishopric of Durham. A parish in the wapentake of Bulmer; 2¼ miles from Easingwold, 12 from Helmsley and York. Population 538. It is a rectory within the archdeaconry and peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean and Chapter of Durham.
Deposited Registers (Borthwick Institute of Historical Research)
- Baptisms: 1558-1856
- Marriages: 1558-1982
- Burials: 1558-1898
- 1704, 1713, 1715, 1718, 1721, 1728, 1731, 1769-1835, (all at Durham University Library, Archives and Special)
- C 1558-1812
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1558-1812; Transcript with index; Yorkshire Parish Register Society (publications of) CD14
- CMB 1558-1812; Typed transcript, no index; Yorkshire Archaeological Society
- M 1558-1812; Typed transcript, with index; Boyd's Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists, York Central Library
- M 1700-1812; Index only; Society of Genealogists
- M 1700-1812; Typed transcript, with index; Loomes' Yorkshire Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.