[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"CUNDALL, a parish in the wapentake of Halikeld, and liberty of Richmondshire; 5 miles NNE. of Boroughbridge. The Church, a mean edifice, situated about a quarter of a mile north of the village, is a perpetual curacy, dedicated to St. Mary and All-Saints, in the deanry of Boroughbridge, diocese of Chester, the incumbent of which is the Rev. William Gregg. Patron, Mrs Prest. Population including Leckby 170."
"FAWDINGTON, in the parish of Cundall and wapentake of Birdforth; ¾ mile E. of Cundall, 5 miles NNE. of Boroughbridge. Fawdington is in the constablery of Bagby, but a township of itself. Population 39."
"LECKBY, 3 farm houses in the parish of Cundall, wapentake of Halikeld, and liberty of Richmondshire; 1 mile NW. of Cundall, 5 miles NNE. of Boroughbridge. Pop. included with Cundall."
"NORTON LE CLAY, in the parish of Cundall, wapentake of Halikeld, and liberty of Richmondshire; 1¾ miles WSW. of Cundall, 3 miles NE. of Boroughbridge. Pop. 142."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- The Clare Smithson donation in St. Mary's Church, Cundall.
- Transcript of the entry for Cundall in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Cundall.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Cundall to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE426727 (Lat/Lon: 54.148367, -1.349299), Cundall which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)