The Ancient Parish of ELLERBURN
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"ELLERBURN, a parish in the wapentake and liberty of Pickering Lythe; 3 miles ENE. of Pickering. The parish church is dedicated to Saint Hilda (see Churches for photograph). The living is a vicarage, in the patronage of the Dean of York; incumbent, the Rev. Michael Mackreth.
In this parish are two townships, viz. Wilton and Farmanby, nearly one mile from the parish Church, there being no village of the name of Ellerburn."
"FARMANBY, a township in the parishes of Ellerburn and Thornton Dale, wapentake and liberty of Pickering Lythe; 2 miles ESE. of Pickering. Pop. 403."
"WILTON, in the parish of Ellerburn, wapentake & liberty of Pickering Lythe; 1¼ miles SE. of Ellerburn, 4 miles E. of Pickering. Here is a Chapel of Ease to Ellerburn (see Churches for photograph). Pop. 203."
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Ellerburn.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Ellerburn to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE845843 (Lat/Lon: 54.24742, -0.7047), Ellerburn which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)