Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.
The place: BOLTBY. Church dedication: CHAPEL.
Birdforth wapentake . -Population, 342. vide Feliskirk *1; Church-room, 150 Net value, vide Feliskirk.
Patron, the Archbishop of York.
Not valued in 1706 or 1818.
This Chapel was founded in 1409, and a faculty to rebuild it was granted 23rd October 1802.
Odo de Boltby gave lands here to Rievaulx Abbey.
No returns as to glebe house or register books.
Parochial Charities. -No return.
Post town: Thirsk.
Not noticed by Torre. Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. iii. page 45. Burton's Monasticon, page 359.
*1 In 1834, the population was returned at 187.
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.