Gate Helmsley parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish-town, in the wapentake of Bulmer, Liberty of St. Peter, and a prebendal peculiar under Osbaldwick; 6 miles from York, 13 from Easingwold, 14 from Malton. Population 229. The Church is a vicarage, dedicated to St. Mary, in the deanery of Bulmer.
Deposited Registers (Borthwick Institute of Historical Research)
- Baptisms: 1689-1968
- Marriages: 1689-1807, 1813-1959
- Burials: 1689-1812
- 1619, 1631, 1634, 1662-1664, 1666-1668, 1672, 1673, 1677, 1679-1687,1689, 1692, 1695-1700, 1702-1716, 1718, 1719, 1724-1730, 1732-1817, 1819, 1821-1835, 1839-1844, 1846-1857, 1871, 1873, 1874
- C 1689-1874, 1874-1885;
- M 1691-1753, 1755-1758, 1758-1853
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB late C17-1812; Transcript with index; Yorkshire Parish Register Society (publications of) with Upper Helmsley, Holtby and Warthill CD2
- C 1689-1812; M 1691-1753; B 1689-1812; Typed transcript, no index; Yorkshire Archaeological Society
- M 1691-1753; Typed transcript, with index; Boyd's Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists, York Central Library
- M 1754-1837; Typed transcript, no index; Margaret E. Smith; Borthwick Institute of Historical Research
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.