Hide

REETH: Reeth Congregational Church History up to 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide

REETH.

The chapel at Reeth was erected 1783. The successive ministers have been-
  • 1783. Rev. G. COOKE.
  • 1816. Rev. J. JOYS.
  • 1819. Rev. S. W. UNDERWOOD. Left in 1823.
  • 1823. Rev. J. CORNS.
  • 1836. Rev. T. COLLEDGE.
  • 1837. Rev. W. HACKETT.
  • 1840. Rev. J. HURST.
  • 1850. Rev. M. WHITE, the present minister (in 1868). He was ordained June 6, Revs. Messrs. Kidd, Lister, Cragg, and Potter being engaged in the services.
The chapel and school-rooms are at the present time (1868) in process of re-erection, at the cost of £800.

NOTES:-
* Aided by Rev. M. White.


Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the Appendix to
Congregationalism in Yorkshire
by James C. Miall, 1868.