Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.
The place: ROWSBY. Church dedication: CHAPEL.
Langbarugh liberty, E.D. -Population, vide Hinderwell ; Chapel-room, 170 *2; Net value, vide Hinderwell.
The Chapel was founded and endowed by the Boynton family, in the reign of Henry V.
Patron, vide Hinderwell.
Not valued in 1818.
10th September 1818, a faculty was granted to take down and rebuild the Chapel.
No return as to glebe house.
The Register Books, for baptisms and burials commence in 1758 ; previous to that year the entries were made at Hinderwell. Marriages are not solemnized in this Chapel, but take place at Hinderwell.
Parochial Charities. -No return.
Post town: Guisbrough.
Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. iii. page 154. Graves's Cleveland, page 326. Not noticed by Ecton, Bacon, or Torre.
*1 Or Roxby.
*2 Returned at 250 in 1834.
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.