Hinderwell parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish in the east-division of Langbargh; 8 miles from Whitby, 14 from Guisborough, 21½ from Stokesley, 56 from York. Population 1,483. The Church is a rectory, dedicated to St. Hilda, in the deanery of Cleveland.
Deposited Registers (North Yorkshire County Record Office)
- Baptisms: 1601-1978
- Marriages: 1601-1977
- Burials: 1600-1962
- 1601, 1602, 1608, 1622, 1627, 1631-1634, 1636-1639, 1661-1673,1675-1679, 1682-1687, 1689-1698, 1700-1716, 1718-1726, 1728-1829, 1831, 1850, 1852
- C 1601-1872;
- M 1601-1641, 1653-1876
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1601-1812; Typed transcript, no index; Cleveland Archives
- CMB 1600-1812; Typed transcript, with index; Society of Genealogists
- CM 1601-1837; B 1600-1837; Consolidated Index at Northallerton Record Office, Coastal; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- CM 1601-1837; Typed transcript, no index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- B 1600-1837; Typed transcript, no index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- C 1663-1759, Typed transcript; Cleveland Family History Society (purchase).
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.