Hide

STAITHES: Staithes Congregational Church History up to 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide

STAITHES.
(CONGREGATIONAL.)

The chapel at Staithes was opened in the year 1823 (Sept. 3). At first it was taken under the charge of the congregation at Whitby. The following is a list of the pastors-
  • 1827. Rev. R. HENDERSON, the first minister.
  • 1830. Rev. J. RAINE.
  • 1834. Rev. W. MITCHELL, the present minister (in 1868), now upwards of 70 years of age.
  • The chapel was rebuilt in 1835. Runswick is attached to Staithes.

Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the Appendix to
Congregationalism in Yorkshire
by James C. Miall, 1868.