[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"HOLTBY, a parish in the wapentake of Bulmer; 5 miles ENE of York. Here is a handsome brick church, dedicated to the Holy Trinity (see Churches for photograph); the living is a rectory, of which Mrs. Nelson is the Patroness, and the Rev. Robert Warburton the incumbent. Pop. 170,"
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- Here is a photograph of Holy Trinity Church, Holtby. (With short history).
- Transcript of the entry for Holtby in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Holtby.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Baines's Directory of 1823, of the North Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Holtby to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE675542 (Lat/Lon: 53.979461, -0.972253), Holtby which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- This parish is covered by the following Society: