Hide

HOLTBY: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

hide
Hide
Hide

"HOLTBY, a parish in the wapentake of BULMER, North riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles E.N.E. from York, containing 170 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the jurisdiction of the peculiar court of Howdenshire, rated in the king's books at £8, and in the patronage of Mrs. Nelson. The church, dedicated tothe Holy Trinity, is a spacious edifice of brick."

[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]