INGLEBY ARNCLIFFE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"INGLEBY ARNCLIFFE, a parish in the western division of the liberty of LANGBAURGH, North riding of the county of YORK, 7 miles W.S.W. from Stokesley, containing 331 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Cleveland, and diocese of York, endowed with £800 royal bounty, and £400 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of Bryan Abbes, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, is a small ancient edifice."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]