Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for KILDALE in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Postal Address, Kildale, Grosmont, R.S.O. Office at Robt. Bradley's. Letters arrive at 8-18 a.m., and are despatched at 5-0 p.m. The nearest Money Order and Telegraph Office is at Great Ayton.
Miscellany of trades
- Bindoff Hy. Geo., stationmaster, goods, and coal agent
- Dale Henry, blacksmith
- Forster Wm., vict., Blacksmiths' Arms
- Lonsdale Whinstone Quarries; Isa. Chadwick, St. Hilda's terrace, Whitby, proprietor; Dan. Dowson, manager
- Milburn Joseph Appleby, schoolmaster
- Pawson Rev. Lewis, L.T., Durh., rector
- West Edward, manor bailiff
- Wilson Jonathan, joiner, &c.
- Baxter John
- Bradley Robert (and post office)
- Chapman Thomas, Dundale beck
- Clark John, Low house
- Dowson John, Church house
- Foster Robert, Lonsdale
- Harrison Thos. Wilson (and stud horse proptr.), East Green beck
- Hewison George, Bankside
- Hoggart Stephen, Bleach mill
- Spaven John, Park
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.