Hide

Kirkdale

hide
Hide

[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]

"KIRKDALE, a parish in the wapentake of Rydale; 2 miles W. of Kirkbymoorside." (There is further information for Kirkdale).

Information on the following places in this Parish is contained on a supplementary page.

  • Beadlam
  • Bowforth
  • Bransdale
  • Ewe Cote
  • Hagg
  • Muscoates
  • Nawton
  • Nawton Lodge
  • Skiplam
  • South Field
  • Welburn
  • Wether Cote
  • Wombleton
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
Hide
topup

Cemeteries

  • Here is a photograph of The graveyard, St. Gregory's Church, Kirkdale.
topup

Charities

topup

Churches

topup

Church History

topup

Church Records

topup

Description and Travel

topup

Directories

topup

Gazetteers

topup

History

  • In 1873 the township of Bransdale(in this parish) joined with some other townships to become a parish in their own right. See Bransdale with Farndale Parish.
topup

Maps

You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE676858 (Lat/Lon: 54.263406, -0.96367), Kirkdale which are provided by:

topup

Memorial Inscriptions

topup

Societies