[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"KIRKDALE, a parish in the wapentake of Rydale; 2 miles W. of Kirkbymoorside." (There is further information for Kirkdale).
Information on the following places in this Parish is contained on a supplementary page.
- Here is a photograph of The graveyard, St. Gregory's Church, Kirkdale.
- The Benefactions to the poor in Kirkdale Minster.
- Here are photographs of Churches etc. in the parish:
- St. Gregory's Minster, Kirkdale. (The Church's website is here.)
- St. Gregory's Minster, 1821, Kirkdale (from an 1821 watercolour).
- St. Hilda's Church, Beadlam. (The Church's website is here.)
- The former Wesleyan Chapel, Wombleton. Now demolished and replaced by a private dwelling.
- The former Methodist Chapel, Nawton.
- Here is a photograph of the unusual bus shelter at Nawton/Beadlam, taken in the 1920s.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Baines's Directory of 1823, of the North Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kirkdale to another place.
- In 1873 the township of Bransdale(in this parish) joined with some other townships to become a parish in their own right. See Bransdale with Farndale Parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE676858 (Lat/Lon: 54.263406, -0.96367), Kirkdale which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)