Leake parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish and township, in the wapentake of Allertonshire, and in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Bishop of Durham; 5 miles from Northallerton, 6 from Thirsk, 29 from York. Population 11. The Church is a vicarage, dedicated to St. Mary, in the deanery of Cleveland.
Deposited Registers (North Yorkshire County Record Office)
- Baptisms: 1570-1687, 1695-1980
- Marriages: 1570-1686, 1696-1970
- Burials: 1570-1687, 1695-1980
- The registers of Leake also contain separate entries for the Chapelry of Nether Silton, there are no separate registers for this Chapelry.
- 1661, 1662, 1665, 1696, 1726, 1759, 1760-1812*, (all at Durham University Library, Archives and Special). Thefollowing are at Borthwick Institute of Historical Research: 1813-1830, 1832-1836
* The transcripts include Nether Silton from 1763-1812.
- C 1570-1875;
- M 1571-1878
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1571-1837; Consolidated Index at Northallerton Record Office, Hambleton Hills; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- CMB 1571-1837; Typed transcript, with index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- M 1813-1837; Index only; Joiner Marriage Index
- M 1820-1830; Manuscript transcript, no index; Loomes' Yorkshire Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.