Hide

Middleton

hide
Hide

[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]

"MIDDLETON, a parish in the wapentake and liberty of Pickering Lythe; 1 mile W. of Pickering. Here is a neat plain church (see Churches for photograph); the living is a vicarage in the patronage of the Devisees of the Rev. J. Robinson, of which the Rev. Michael Mackereth is the incumbent. Pop. 247."

Information on the following places in this Parish is contained on a supplementary page.

  • Aislaby
  • Broats
  • Cawthorne
  • Cropton
  • Hamer
  • Hartoft End
  • Lockton
  • Mauley Cross
  • Rosedale
  • Saltergate Inn
  • Stape
  • Wrelton
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
Hide
topup

Cemeteries

topup

Charities

topup

Churches

topup

Church History

topup

Church Records

topup

Directories

topup

Gazetteers

topup

Genealogy

topup

History

topup

Maps

You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE782854 (Lat/Lon: 54.258304, -0.801074), Middleton which are provided by:

topup

Memorial Inscriptions

  • For the combined records of the people of Rosedale, Cropton and Hartoft, please see Carol Barlett's Rosedale People pages.
topup

Schools

  • John Ellerton has transcribed the following extracts from the parish registers:
  • Carol Bartlett has transcribed the Cropton School Register for the period of 1871 to the 1920s.
topup

Societies