[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"MIDDLETON TYAS, a parish in the wapentake of Gilling East, and liberty of Richmondshire; 5 miles NE. of Richmond: the living is a rectory, in the patronage of the King, of which the Rev. George Burrard, A. M. chaplain to his Majesty, is the incumbent. Population, with Kneeton, 569.
Middleton was once famous for its copper-mines, but they have not now been worked for nearly half a century."
Information on the following places in this Parish is contained on a supplementary page.
- Transcript of the entry for Middleton Tyas in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Baines's Directory of 1823, of the North Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Middleton Tyas to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NZ227057 (Lat/Lon: 54.446199, -1.651461), Middleton Tyas which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- The World War I Memorial Plaque in St. Michael's Church, Middleton Tyas.
- This parish is covered by the following Society: