Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for MYTON UPON SWALE in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Post Office at Thomas Gibson's. Letters arrive via Helperby, York, at 8-40 a.m., and are despatched at 5-15 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Chaplin George, gamekeeper, Myton kennels
- Edwards James, blacksmith
- Gibson Thomas, estate joiner, Post office
- Grange Miss Sarah Jane, schoolmistress
- Hart James Joseph, clerk
- Hayes George, grocer, &c.
- Lambert William, vict., Stapylton Arms
- Rogerson Christopher, coal agent
- Skeen Rev. Samuel Slinn, Vicarage
- Stapylton Major Henry Miles, Myton hall
- Ward William, groom, Myton grange
- Watson William, shoemaker
- Wheatley Lawrence, joiner, &c.
- Anderson John
- Flawith Richard, Myton Old hall
- Lyall -, Home farm
- Robinson Timothy, Plump house
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.