NEWTON UNDER ROSEBERRY: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"NEWTON UNDER ROSEBERRY, a parish in the western division of the liberty of LANGBAURGH, North riding of the county of YORK, 4 miles W.S.W. from Guisborough, containing 119 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean of York, endowed with £600 royal bounty, and £200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Vicar of Rudby in Cleveland."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]