Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.
The place: BROMPTON. Church dedication: CHAPEL. Church type: Peculiar. Perpetual Curacy.
Allertonshire wapentake. -Population, 1510, vide Northallerton ; Chapel-room, 500; Value, vide Northallerton.
Patron, the Vicar of Northallerton.
Value not returned in 1818.
Augmented in 1800, with £200; and in 1815, with £1,600, from the Parliamentary Grant, -both by Lot.
An Inclosure Act was passed 31st Geo. II., for the township of Brompton, being either this place, or Brompton in Rydall Deanery.
No return as to glebe house.
The Register Books commence in 1594.
Rents-charge to the poor -donors unknown : viz. £2 per annum, 20s. per annum, and 20s. per annum.
Lost Charities. £2. 10s. per annum, given by a person named Flower, or Flower Walker. £2 per annum by the grandfather of the Rev. Francis Keay, and 10s. per annum by Thomas Coates. -Vide 8th Report, page 697 ; also vide Northallerton.
Post town: Northallerton.
Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. iii. pages 119-127. Bawdwen's Domesday Book (Brinton), page 11.
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.