Northallerton parish registers, Deighton Chapelry: Dates and current locations etc.
A Chapelry in the parish of Northallerton, wapentake of Allertonshire, and in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean and Chapter of Durham; 5 miles from Northallerton, 10 from Yarm, 11½ from Darlington (Co. Durham). Population 134. Here is a Chapel of ease to Northallerton.
Deposited Registers (North Yorkshire County Record Office)
- Baptisms: 1686-1787, 1790-1812
- Marriages: 1686-1787, 1790-1938
- Burials: 1686-1787, 1790-1812
- 1661-1662, 1673, 1674, 1715, 1718, 1726*, 1731, 1769, 1776, 1785,1808, (all at Durham University Library, Archives and Special). The following are at Borthwick Institute of Historical Research: 1813-1836, 1841-1845, 1847, 1849-1871
* With Brompton
- C 1783-1812, 1813-1871;
- M 1758-1876
Transcripts and Indexes:
- M 1813-1837; Index only; Joiner Marriage Index
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.