OLD BYLAND: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"OLD BYLAND, a parish in the wapentake of BIRDFORTH, North riding of the county of YORK, 4f miles W.N.W. from Helmsley, containing 133 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Cleveland, and diocese of York, endowed with £800 royal bounty, and in. the patronage of G. Wombwell, Esq."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]