Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.
The place: ESTON. Church dedication: PATRON SAINT NOT KNOWN. Church type: Perpetual Curacy.
Langbarugh liberty, E.D. -Population, vide Ormsby ; Chapel-room, 300 *1; Net value, vide Ormsby.
Patron and impropriator, the Archbishop of York.
Valued in 1707, at £17. 10s. 4d.; and in 1818, at £20 per annum.
Augmented in 1772, with £200; in 1809, with £200; in 1829, with £400; and in 1830, with £200, -all by lot.
" The tithes are all appropriated to the Archbishop of York. There is an augmentation of £10 per annum out of the small tithes, and £6. 13s. 4d. out of the great tithes. The latter was made by Archbishop Frewen. Did belong to Ormsby, but it is not known by whom it was dismembered." -Notitia Parochialis.
2nd August 1802, faculty to rebuild the Chapel.
There was no glebe house in 1818. No return in 1834.
The Register Books, commence in 1590.
Parochial Charities. -No return.
Post town: Guisbrough.
Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. iii. page 146. Graves's Cleveland, page 446. Mon. Angl., vol. vi. page 267-275. Burton's Monasticon, pages 164. 225. 343.
*1 In 1818, stated at 500.
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.