Richmond parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish and market in the wapentake of Gilling West; 5 miles from Catterick, 8 from Leyburn, 10 from Middleham, Croft, and Reeth, 15 from Staindrop (Co. Durham), 16 from Northallerton, 18 from Askrigg, 21 from Yarm, 44 from York, 234 from London. Population 3,546. The Church is a rectory dedicated to St. Mary, in the deanery of Richmond, diocese of Chester.
Deposited Registers (North Yorkshire County Record Office)
- Baptisms: 1556-1678, 1680-1939
- Marriages: 1556-1678, 1680-1978
- Burials: 1556-1678, 1680-1968
- 1636, 1673, 1680, 1703, 1705, 1706, 1708, 1710-1713, 1715-1718,1721, 1723, 1724, 1727-1731, 1733, 1735-1808, 1810-1848, 1850-1869, (all at West Yorkshire Archive Service, Leeds).
- C 1636-1779, 1780-1847;
- M 1636-1779, 1780-1836
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1556-1812; Typed transcript, with index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- C 1813-1842; Typed transcript, with index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- M 1556-1632; Typed transcript, with index; Loomes' Yorkshire Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists
- M 1653-1660, TI, Yorkshire Parish Register Society (publications of) 101, Yorkshire Archaeological Society
- M 1725-1770; Manuscript transcript, no index; Loomes' Yorkshire Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists
- M 1813-1837; Index only; Joiner Marriage Index
- M 1813-1835; Typed transcript, with index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- B 1813-1855; Typed transcript, with index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.