Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.
The place: EAST ROUNTON. Church dedication: CHAPEL.
Langbarugh liberty, W. D. Population, vide Hutton Rudby; Chapel-room, 60 *1; Net value, vide Hutton Rudby. -This is an ancient Chapelry.
Patron, vide Hutton Rudby.
Valued in 1707, at £5. 2s.; and in 1818, at £37. 7s. 6d. per annum.
Augmented in 1747, with £200; in 1771, with £200; in 1786, with £200; in 1800, with £200; in 1817, with £200 from the Parliamentary grant ; and in 1828, with £200 -all by lot.
No glebe house in 1818. No return made in 1818.
The Register Books commence in 1595. The return states, that " No burial register after 1774 can be found."
Marriages are solemnized at this Chapel, but funerals take place at Hutton Rudby.
Parochial Charities. -No return.
Post town: Stokesley.
Not noticed in Torre's MS. Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. iii. pages 134. 177. Graves's Cleveland, page 174.
*1 Estimated in 1818 at 109.
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.