Hide

Scarborough- Bar Church Congregational Church History

hide
Hide
Hide
Hide

SCARBOROUGH:
Scarborough- Bar Church Congregational Church History up to 1868.

Source=h:/!Genuki/RecordTranscriptions/NRY/CongChurches.txt

SCARBOROUGH.- BAR CHURCH.
(CONGREGATIONAL.)

This chapel was built in 1851. Its erection was demanded by the urgent necessities of this increasing and important watering-place, and has been abundantly justified by the spiritual success, which has followed. The building is in the Gothic style, and is extremely well situated.
  • 1852. Rev. ROBERT BALGARNIE (Cheshunt). Mr. Balgarnie relinquished his charge at the Bar Church, after a successful pastorate, April, 1868, to take the ministry at South Cliff.

Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the Appendix to
Congregationalism in Yorkshire
by James C. Miall, 1868.