Hide

Scarborough-South Cliff Congregational Church History

hide
Hide
Hide
Hide

SCARBOROUGH:
Scarborough-South Cliff Congregational Church History up to 1868.

Source=h:/!Genuki/RecordTranscriptions/NRY/CongChurches.txt

SCARBOROUGH.-SOUTH CLIFF.
(CONGREGATIONAL.)

This handsome sanctuary was built in 1865, through the liberality of various friends, nobly headed by T. Salt, Esq., who has throughout taken the greatest interest in the undertaking. It was for a time conjoined with the Bar Church. During the present year this connection has been severed; and the Rev. R. Balgarnie, after an affectionate leave of his former church, has accepted (April 1868) the pastorate.

Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the Appendix to
Congregationalism in Yorkshire
by James C. Miall, 1868.